Requiem Letters

Thank you Papa AL


When a twelve year boy loses his father to death the grief is numbed by an immediate survival instinct that includes an awareness that job one is to take care of Mom.  That same boy as a young man becomes relieved at first, but then more and more is gracefully blessed when it becomes apparent that there is a man to love and attend to Mom.  Oh how grateful I am that Al Hamilton came into Jeanne's life...and mine.  I witnessed a joy, peace and happiness in her life that had been missing for a long time, but most of all I had an example of what a gentleman looks like, a model to emulate and remember when my own character defects wanted to lead me astray.

Papa Al passed away this morning in Kentucky after a long rich life.  We had lost touch in the years since mom died in a 1993 car accident in which they were both involved.  After surviving an extensive ICU stint with serious head injuries he stayed in Somerset, Kentucky and eventually remarried a lovely lady, named Wanda.  I have some regrets about losing contact but our lives so often take divergent paths and really we stay in touch because of the love we have shared and will forever be.  And I have it on good authority that Jeanne along with all the angels are in welcoming reception of Alfred in the heavenly kingdom of our Father.


Also, I am assured that one day I'll be joining with you all again and oh what a joy that day will be!

Amen
Bradford Bosworth
November, 2016

No comments:

A Carnivore's Paradise

  (Writer’s Note: In my upcoming book “ Angel Food Cake” A Forty Day Devotional for an Upside/Down World, there are stories referencing ange...

Most Viewed