The Split in the Garden

Hold Hands with Abba

In the past couple of weeks the chaotic nature of the world has shown up on my doorstep. It might have first arrived around our Country's Independence Day Celebration.  I do not remember in younger days the fireworks in the neighborhoods starting a week before and continuing for a week after. It sure seems that way now, It made for a few sleepless nights. The awesome patriotic tenor of the day has lost some luster because of this contemporary practice. But that is not the main cause of this writer's recent turmoil. The underpinnings of the angst is a broken friendship, a relationship split.

Combine this personal loss with the mood of our country framed by the divide of party politics and chaos keeps knocking at the door, banging on the door! So I decided to go on a 40 day fast.  I did not have to go into the wilderness. The wilderness came to me. My program of faith induced me to double down on my prayer and meditation practices. I have resisted  my default isolating behavior by staying active in my fellowships. I am fasting from two worldly pseudo sustenances Facebook and Television.

About ten days into my fast in the wilderness, I began to relocate in the presence of my Creator. Chaos gave up knocking on my door. I thought I saw signs of a healing in the fracture of my special relationship. The day was bright and the forecast was clear. Then as Abba is want to do when we turn our backs on Him, he sent a violent storm and a different kind of fireworks into the night put me to restful sleep.

The next morning- the Sabbath- I awoke and in the Garden out my back door this is what I saw:

I am grateful for His good morning Great Rays!

I take nothing for granted these days.  I know the Spirit of the Universe is speaking to me in every moment and all I have to do is be willing to listen and look for His signs; His trail markers. During the rest of that same Sabbath day I saw signs that the spark of healing in the diminishing relationship was flickering away.



Then while sitting at my kitchen table having dinner there was a strange unfamiliar cracking, shredding noise just out back. I stopped eating and got up from the table and there in the same scene from the garden in the morning was an astonishing split that will not, nor cannot be put back together.
For me it is an act of God and a message. 





 The split, however, between God and His people can and will be put back together. See:
  2 Corinthians 5:16-20

Bradford Bosworth
July 2016

No comments:

A Carnivore's Paradise

  (Writer’s Note: In my upcoming book “ Angel Food Cake” A Forty Day Devotional for an Upside/Down World, there are stories referencing ange...

Most Viewed