Bright Morning Star

The Certainty of Emmanuel
 
 
In the early morning hours when quiet and stillness are at the peak capacity in the world I seek my connection with the Source.  Often it is my only time of the day where I can find my center, the Peace in me at the core.  I have various tools for which I use routinely to help me gain perspective on the Truth. I am often reminded of who Brad is.
 
My morning spiritual tool box includes three different translations of the "Word of God" (Bible/Good Book), "Alcoholics Anonymous" (Big Book), "The Upper Room" and "Disciplines" daily devotionals. Nine out of ten days this is how I start.  I have learned that if I begin my day this way I will  have a better chance of being the person my Creator wants me to be; of being more aligned with what his will is for me.
 
One of my morning meditational practices is walking outside at dawn to look around and experience the world as it's activities begin to fill the ears with sounds and eyes with movement.  I will always look to the eastern horizon to fix my eyes on a bright star. It is the brightest in the morning of all the stars! There is no missing it on a clear morning. This beacon shines so that as the sun begins to rise and it's light washes out all the others in the sky, there is only One remaining!
 
 
 
 
Through the course of a year this bright light appears in different positions on the eastern horizon. With our time changes here on the east coast, you know - spring forward and fall back - I have to search longer to find it. Sometimes I cannot find it all. This past week we have been covered with a consistent cloud layer and much rain and I have not been able to put my eyes on this constant companion of ours. As a matter of fact I have not gone out in the morning much for the past week.
 
 
 
 
The world calls this star a planet and has named it Venus. I do not believe it is a coincidence that Venus was the Greek goddess of Love.  So I will be grateful that Love is with us always and constantly. Lord knows the world needs it!
 
 
"I am the Root and Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
Revelation 22:16 (nkjv)

 
Amen
 
Bradford Bosworth
September, 2015




No comments:

A Carnivore's Paradise

  (Writer’s Note: In my upcoming book “ Angel Food Cake” A Forty Day Devotional for an Upside/Down World, there are stories referencing ange...

Most Viewed